Are you struggling to overcome an obstacle in your life? Something daunting? Something that—some days—feels impossible?
Maybe that obstacle is an eating disorder or substance abuse. Maybe it’s a health battle. Or even a relationship issue or financial struggle. Whatever your personal challenge, I created a playlist that might help.
This playlist was inspired by my own battle with bulimia and my recovery in 2016. That’s why I call it a “recovery playlist.” And really, the term “recovery” can apply to any of the situations above. (Read this post for more thoughts on that topic.)
I believe music is powerful. Lyrics and melodies can affect your emotions, for better or worse.
During my own struggle and eventual recovery, I listened to many songs that gave me hope. Made me feel like I wasn’t alone. And, reminded me to lean on God’s promises and grace.
Knowing how much music helped me, I created this playlist to share with anyone else who needs it—whether your “recovery” involves an eating disorder or something else entirely.
Here’s a link to the full playlist on Spotify. As long as you have a free or premium Spotify account, you can listen via this link.
Don’t use Spotify? Below is a full list of the songs with a link to listen to each one on YouTube.
The Ultimate Recovery Playlist
- “Known” – Tauren Wells
- “I Cry” – Leeland
- “Light Up the Sky” – The Afters
- “For the Moments I Feel Faint” – Relient K
- “Worn” – Tenth Avenue North
- “Something Beautiful” – NEEDTOBREATHE
- “Hold Me Together” – Royal Tailor
- “O’ Lord” – Lauren Daigle
- “We All Need Saving” – Jon McLaughlin
- “Greater Is He” – Blanca
- “Take Me As I Am” – FM Static
- “Never Too Far Gone” – Jordan Feliz
- “Battle Belongs – Acoustic” – Phil Wickham
- “Empty Me” – Jeremy Camp
- “No Longer Slaves” – I AM THEY
- “Hope” – Jonathan Traylor
- “Living Hope” – Phil Wickham
- “Bigger Than I Thought” – Sean Curran
- “The Healing” – Blanca, Dante Bowe
- “Stained Glass” – Jon Guerra
- “Enough” – Jeremy Camp
- “Live It Well” – Switchfoot
- “My Story” – Big Daddy Weave
- “Scars” – I AM THEY
- “Jesus Changed My Life” – Katy Nichole
- “You Are the Sun” – Sara Groves
- “The Lost Get Found” – Britt Nicole
- “Resurrection Power” – Foothills Collective
That last one was written and performed by my church’s own music ministry, Foothills Collective.
This is by no means an exhaustive list. If you have any recommendations, feel free to share in the comments. I’d love to know what songs have helped you in your personal recovery journey.
Happy, hope-filled listening 🤍